I’m happy to announce that for the second time, I’ve received the “Versatile Blogger Award” – this time from fellow loveahappyending.com Associate Reader, Susan Livingston. You can find out more about Susan and the authors she supports on her Associate Reader page.
Now for seven things about me… I tried to make them different from the ones I used the first time I received this award.
1. My debut novel, “A Shadow in the Past” will be released in September 2012. It’s been a long time in the making. It originally started as an overgrown short story back in late 1999 – early 2000 and until last year, was known as Sarah’s Gift. Even now, I refer to it by that title. My publisher is 4RV Publishing LLC and they’re a great house to be with.
2. I love animals and have had pets almost all of my life. Currently I have a large dog (cross between a lab & black and tan hound) who I’ve nicknamed “the alarm dog”. Who needs an alarm clock when you have him? Now, if I could only train him to have a lie-in on the weekends or when I’m on vacation.
3. Since June 2011, I’ve been an associate reader at loveahappyending.com. I’m a member of “Team Horton”, and support Chris Longmuir (my Scottish Crime writer friend who I’ve known since 2001) and Harry Leslie Smith.
4. I have two grown children – boy and girl – millionaire’s family they say. Too bad I didn’t have the millions but that’s another story.
5. I’m a grandmother to three boys – 15, 13 and 11 (all courtesy of my daughter). The oldest lives with my husband and me. I’m now also step-grandmother to a wee girl of 3 and a boy of 9 – again thanks to my daughter. These kiddies are her partner’s.
6. When my husband (also referred to in the loveahappyending circles as Mr MR-K) first met, I wasn’t keen on him. I was in my last year of secondary school. Our paths crossed the following year when I started college and within six months we were engaged and in June 1975 (June 7th – my grandmother’s birthday) we were married.
7. The first time I had “curry” was in Scotland. It was in 2001 when I went to “Schmooze with Royalty”. My husband and cousin and I stayed in the Bed and Breakfast in Quarriers Village (used to be The Orphan Homes of Scotland where my father was raised). The then Chief Executive and his wife invited us to their house and we had Indian food. Shall we say they created a monster? I love it and cook it frequently.
Well that’s all about me. Now to bestow this award on seven other folks.
Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap – Vivian Zabel (my wonderful publisher over at 4RV)
Bill Kirton – (one of my virtual Scottish writer friends)
Scribbles – Pauline Barclay (another one of my virtual writer friends)
Books-to-remember – Ananda (another Associate Reader over at loveahappyending.com
Sheryl’s Ramblings – Sheryl Browne (author of romantic comedy and featured author at loveahappyending.com)
Talli Roland – native Canadian transplanted to the UK and loads of fun to follow
Flights of Imagination – Ros Gemmell (if it wasn’t for Ros, I wouldn’t have known about the online writers’ conference where I successfully pitched my novel)
Now to get off and notify these wonderful folks that I’ve passed this award on to them… and have a bite of supper.