I was pleased to discover that my Scottish author friend, Janice Horton, awarded me with The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Before passing it on, I need to provide seven random facts about me… here goes.
- I’m Canadian by birth but Scottish in my heart.
- I’m the proud(?) owner of the dog with the $1000 ear (affectionately referred to as the “alarm dog”.
- I recently placed 3rd in the 2012 Preditors & Editors Readers’ Poll in the YA category for my novel, A Shadow in the Past.
- In 1999, I met the Princess Royal at the former orphanage in Scotland where my father and four of his nine siblings were raised (Quarriers Village) near Bridge of Weir.
- I’ve lived in and around Brockville my entire life.
- I work for a trucking company (not a driver but in the office) and have a background in computer programming.
- When I’m not reading, I’m working on the second book in my Shadows series – Shadows from her Past.
Now to pass the gauntlet on to seven more intrepid bloggers, so here goes. The names are in a hat. Mr MR-K is reaching in. The tension is building. And we have our first recipient! Yay!
- Brook Cottage Books – Jontybabe JB Johnston
- Romance that Rocks Your World – Nicky Wells
- Scribbles – Pauline Barclay
- Chris Longmuir, Crime Writer
- Sarah’s Place – Sarah Shand
- Sheryl’s Ramblings – Sheryl Browne
- Between the Lines – Ali Bacon
9 thoughts on “I’ve been awarded The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!”
Loved reading your 7 things Melanie and that you are Scottish by heart. I hope to see you at the annual Scotsman Haggis Hunt and toasting the said haggis with a dram on Friday, Burns Night!
Lang mae ya lum reek!
Aye! I wouldnae miss a dram on Burns Night for the world! Oh, and the haggis, tatties and neeps, too.
Huge CONGRATS, Melanie! And thank you for choosing me! Can I have a pretty button, please? 🙂 xx
You’re most welcome, Sheryl. Button is coming your way now. 🙂
*Waves* Well deserved, huge congrats! Loved your seven facts and tell me… are you an ice road trucker at all? My boys ADORE ice road truckers and I feel an interview coming up… LOL! Thank you very much for passing the award on to me. I shall gladly accept, thank you. Can I have a pretty button, too? Have a fab day. XX
You’re most welcome, Nicky! 🙂 I love your blog. No ice road trucking for this girl… well except for the commute to work in the dead of winter and then it’s just in my wee car. I’ll send you a pretty button, too, when I get home from work later.
Well deserved Melanie !! Huge Congrats to U !!! Loved the seven facts that u wrote about u !! Great !! Good luck for everything in ur life !!!
I’ve accepted! http://wp.me/p1HzVM-Sz Thank you!