A French potato and leek soup served cold or heated.
How to make Vichyssoise…
1 tablespoon butter
3 leeks, bulb only, sliced into rings
1 onion, sliced
5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 bay leaf
5 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large stock pot melt butter over low heat. Add leeks and onion, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add thyme, marjoram, bay leaf and stir well. Cover pot and continue to cook for 12 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor and cool.
- Prior to serving add cream. If you are serving this soup warm you need to reheat the soup slowly so that the cream does not change consistency.
2 thoughts on “#AtoZChallenge – V is for Vichyssoise”
That is does. I think I’d prefer mine hot rather than chilled.